2/18/2006

Going to Pot

I got to bring home my first two pots today! I'm very excited with how they turned out - the glazing really seemed to come out nicely. However, please bear in mind that these are the first and second pots I ever threw, so forgive their wobbliness.




Above is the very first ever pot I threw. You can't see the cool glazing quite as well as I'd hoped - but it really turned out nicely (I think.) The glazing on the one below is a little more "blah" but it's still kind of fun. (And it's foodsafe. The top picture isn't foodsafe because of the coppery green glaze I used.) Below is the 2nd ever pot I threw.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Those are gorgeous! I'm a sucker for green pottery and that is a beautiful glaze. I like the off-kilter shape of it too. The 2nd one is a sure sign of improvement in the technical realm though...nice work! My step sister is also a software engineer who took some pottery classes and just finished building her first pottery studio. What's up with that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm not sure, but maybe it's that SWE stifles your creativity so much that you have to find an outlet? Wow...she built a studio? That's quite cool. I signed up for the next 8 weeks of classes today, so maybe that'll be in my distant future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:33 PM

    I love the blue one! So pretty. :) Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete