8/03/2006

Grades and so forth

I just got an email from my professor saying he had completed grading all the exams and that we could calculate our grades (then gave us the formula) and that he'd be posting them later this afternoon.

With no small amount of trepidation I logged in to where I could see my final exam grade (you'll recall from this post that it didn't seem like much of what I studied was on the actual test). Chanting "Please just let me pass. Please just let me pass." to myself I clicked on the exam.

I got a 100%.

Now, he did mention that he "statistically adjusted the scores" - so I'm guessing threw out some of the ones that everyone missed and that type of thing (cause there were at least 2 that I'm pretty sure were unanswerable if you interpreted them literally).

Regardless of that, you'll have to pardon me as I go do my happy dance (though I feel a little sheepish as I've slid back into the "Super-nerdy-girl-who-always-thinks-she-failed-but-actually-blows-the-curve" role. Thankfully we don't have lockers in grad school.)

7 comments:

  1. Super nerdy girl who always thinks she failed but actually blows the curve

    Tim and I could commiserate sometime, having both married that type!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - the problem with that, Matt, is that you're just the super nerdy guy who blows the curve and knows it. :) At least in math (and this was a stats course, which, given my less than stellar performance in college in stats, had scared the dickens out of me.) Of course, Tim does the same thing as me since he was all twisted in knots about his exam (the 18 hour essay exam 2 Saturdays ago) and he got a 96. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to start calling you "Ace!" Way to go!! You and Tim deserve each other. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:20 PM

    Way to go. Are you still dancing? If not go dance some more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Beth - Way to go!!! Doing a happy dance for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankee! :) The best part of this is that it means I get full tuition reimbursement (they prorate based on grades.)

    ReplyDelete