9/08/2006

Telling Tales Out of School

It's amusing to be on campus this weekend when the undergrads are all here. Our schedule typically has us here when most of the undergrads are gone (just before spring break or during the summer, etc.) so to be here when they're all relatively newly back to class is an eye opener.

I don't spend a lot of time considering the fact that I'm now well ensconced in my 30s. It isn't a big issue to me and I don't (never really have) identify myself by my age group. It's just not something that has ever been a huge part of my identity. However, I think I can now clearly cross the threshold into the "adult" category.

Cause these undergrads? They're young.

They act young, dress young and talk young.

That said, I don't think I'd go back if I could.

Beyond that, my classes so far are looking interesting, which is really all I ask. More papers on the horizon (so prepare yourself for whining most likely) and lots of other work, but I'm kinda looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment