12/05/2006

Chocolate

So I was sitting here (at work) (where I have nothing to do) (you know, business as usual) working on this huge and amazingly (seriously, I was pretty amazed) angsty post about how I don't know what I want for Christmas and how that has become this incredible metaphor for my career when the phone rang.

It was Tim. Who stayed home today to do homework because he's been putting in what the New Englanders among us would term "wicked long hours" of late. (Somewhere someone decided that what Tim really needed right now was an obsessively stressed/frustrated/on-the-edge-of-losing-it wife combined with finals at school and final testing for his project at work. He's a saint, I tell you. A saint.) Back to the phone, the call made me chuckle and is yet another of the multitudinous reasons I adore him. And rather than my angst, I will share this little snapshot of silliness:

Me: SleepyBeth at work, can I help you?
Tim: How's it going?
Me: I hate it here, I'm bored and I want to go home. So, you know, the usual. How's the homework?
Tim: Eh. I'm listening to Christmas music while I study.
Me: I want chocolate.
Tim: I have chocolate.
Me: That doesn't help me, does it?
Tim: Here, I'll eat a piece for you. (insert rustling of cellophane and then, slightly garbled) Mm, it's that dark chocolate from the Melting Pot.
Me: Still not seeing how this helps me.
Tim: Oh, ok, well let me eat another piece and see if that makes it better.
Me: ...
Tim: Would you rather I ate a Christmas Tree Peeps for you?

He's a giver, that one.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:17 PM

    LOL! My hubby is in NYC enjoying a few days on the town courtesy of NASA. Gloating, he is....

    Men are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going down the hall to get some almond filled dark chocolate right now. I know where to find some. You'll feel better in the morning. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kind of conversations are endearing if not kinda mean hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, do you ever find yourself wanting to say to your hubs, "Come on honey, it's not rocket science?" Or is that too cliched around your place already? Frankly though, if NASA was sending me somewhere, I'd really rather go, you know, into space. :) That said, men are definitely funny. But still good to have around.

    Gwynne, could you eat a piece for me?

    Rach, I just try to focus on the "endearing" aspect. Then get him back for "mean" parts later. :)

    ReplyDelete