1/10/2007

Lunch with Tim

One of the things I love about our new office location is that it's a hop, skip, and jump from Tim's office, so periodically we can mosy to the same location for lunch and eat together. Today was such a day (though if I'd known how wicked the wind was I might have given it a much more seirous think before agreeing) and as I rounded the corner, I saw in the window of our chosen meeting location a new sandwich: The Five Cheese Melt.

Upon reading Five followed by Cheese followed by Melt, my brain shut off and began to drool a la Homer Simpson and that was all I needed to know. I was having the Five Cheese Melt for lunch.

Sad, really, that my eyes did not travel a little further to the description, cause the condiment on same? Orange marmelade.

Way to ruin melted cheese, folks.

4 comments:

  1. What, WHAT, were they thinking?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EWWWW...Five cheese melt AND orange marmelade? Blech. Double blech. Like you, I was drooling over the Five Cheese Melt description. :-)

    Raspberry jam and powdered sugar seem to go okay with Monte Cristos...so maybe they were going with that theme?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I could come up with is that one of the cheese was brie and you often will sever baked brie with jam but...yeah. Orange marmelade was not the way to go. It was really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was Cosi, Gwynne. Cosi, who normally is the purveyor of all food tasty. (Though I don't get coffee there - their coffee? Not so tasty. Plus there's a *$ like 40 feet away.)

    ReplyDelete