4/30/2007

Sucking it up and going to the doctor

I've been trying to tough out what I thought were allergies for...a week now I guess. But the rain didn' t help any. Sleep hasn't helped any. And allergy meds haven't helped any. So as I was laying on the couch yesterday trying to muster the energy to reach for the remote it occurred to me that I might acutally be, you know, sick.

So I stayed home today and am going to the quack's office.

I don't have much love for doctors. Of course, the one who has room in his schedule today is the one I dislike the most. He always makes me feel as if I'm a combination of a huge waste of his time and the worst faker in the world. Which is why I try to tough through things (while whining lots - I do realize that the whole "tough through" doesn't actually limit the amount of whining I do, I'm working on it.) But since my ear drums hurt when I breathe and if I try to whisper out any kinds of words (since whispers are all that's left of my voice) I end up doubled over with a nice dry seal-like cough that goes on and on until I either a) throw up or b) taste blood, I figured that hey - ding! - I might need something stronger than alavert here. Like, you know, actual medicine.

I'm hoping there's really something wrong with me. Something for which they can give me something that magically makes me all better. Or at least will eventually make me all better if I just keep taking it.

In the mean time, if I can manage to hold two coherent thoughts in my head at once (something that has been decidedly challenging of late), I am going to try and work on some homework. Cause I did nothing this weekend on that score. I would sit down at my computer and forget why I was there. So I would get up to go do something and forget where I was going. So I would sit down because all of the sudden I was rather dizzy and really couldn't think of much else. Then it would occur to me that if I was going to just sit around, I should really try and work on my paper, so I'd head back to my computer and, well, you can see where that's going.

Since there's nothing fascinating here - go read about Michelle's book signing at Nora Roberts' husband's book store - she has pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment