4/14/2007

Why yes, I'm procrastinating. Why do you ask?

I grow very weary of reviews of literature. I know that this is the bread and butter of a PhD program, but really. Must we do at least two in every class? I don't mind reading the research (or even finding it) - that's really rather informative and quite fun. It's the regurgitation - pardon me, synsethizing - that gets old. I like the next steps after the ROL where you can discuss and draw conclusions and all that. But for a straight ROL, our profs just want synthesis. Who agrees with whom, etc. etc. etc.

I read some very interesting papers on information literacy. And I've got the synthesis whirling around in my head, but I'm singularly unmotivated to put it on paper. This has been plaguing me all week. Which is one reason it's been 'Blogging lite' around here - I can't quite reconcile spending time typing away on my blog when I should be typing away on my paper. Of course this morning I don't seem to be having that trouble.

So now I'm going to be off to take an alavert, chug some more water in hopes of making my allergies slightly less ridiculous and then, THEN I am going to finish my lit review. I am. Seriously. Just watch.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with those reviews :). I sympathise!

    ReplyDelete