9/27/2007

Le Desktop Meme


For Jim and Rachel, who are fans of the minimalist desktop camp...I am not super minimalist (though it's not as nutty as some folks that I know who just have icons all over everywhere.) It's an eclectic mix of useful software, games, and random things that one of the days I'll get around to deleting. The gerbera daisies were in my front garden this summer. You can see a bee in one of them if you look closely. The desktop image itself changes frequently (in fact, it's about time to change it - I'm just torn between three of my favorite Ireland shots right now.) Scintillating, I know.

Update:
As work will allow me to get to Blogger but not to blogspot addresses (thus I can't reply in the comments), I thought I'd 'splain the following. First, this is my desktop at home - not work. I don't think it would be prudent to post my work one, plus, it's pretty boring all things considered.

Second - Netbeans is an IDE for Java development. I use it for tinkering purposes. Cake Mania is a mindless whack-a-mole type game (probably designed for small children) wherein you are a baker and you have to bake cakes and decorate them for your customers of varying impatience. It's a good mindless break to homework. Though (and this is sad...given that I'm not a small child) there's one level that I just can't seem to beat and it's very frustrating to me.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 AM

    That's... populous.

    You have some interesting little programs or whatever on that desktop. Like Netbeans?

    Cake Mania?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could publish my desktop to show you the similarities to yours...mine is the exact same downward view and size of a bunch of daisies from our yard (only mine are the standard white variety rather than gerbera), with 27 icons lined up and down the left hand side...just like yours. The only difference otherwise is that my icons are much more boring...things like "tax manual" and "number cruncher," no cake mania or netbeans. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:24 PM

    There's a bee hiding behind the flower at 11 o'clock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My desktop changes frequently too!

    ReplyDelete