1/25/2008

The Songs We Sing

Things have never been conventional in the Sleepy household. Having a baby hasn't changed that much, though we have made a nod to convention and sing lots of lullabies and other fun songs throughout the day (I guess I should add here that we actually is just me. Tim swears he can't sing. Having heard him sing, I know for a fact this is a lie. He has a very nice voice. He's just timid and embarrassed and if I ever find the person who told him he couldn't sing when he was little, there will be strong words issuing forth. Ahem. Anyway.) Because it never fails to make Tim laugh when he overhears me, I thought I'd go ahead and share the Sleepy Greatest Hits.

So, without further ado:
Let's Burp
We Got The Burp
The Safety Burp (you can burp if you want to...) - this does double duty as The Safety Sleep
Get Down Tonight (Do a little dance, make a little burp, and sleep tonight...)
Burpin' in the USA

Yes, we probably need to get out more. But the little one seems to enjoy them.

8 comments:

  1. It's amazing how quickly motherhood will dumb you down. I've decided to just go with it and am enjoying my second childhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, it's so true. But I swear, if you can't get the burp out, lay him flat for about a minute. Then lift him up, whack him, and prepare for projectiles...

    Love the songs. I don't know if I want to ask what kinds of diaper songs you sing...gotta love those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slush - I'm enjoying it. I finally have an excuse to be as weird as I've always been anyway. :)

    CTG - Today we've been adding in some Beach Boys songs - I think I'm hoping California songs will warm me up.

    Michelle - Learned the projectile bit the hard way :) I don't actually have any diaper songs yet - you still have to be really on your toes for avoiding liquid projectiles and singing is too much of a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised at the vintage of all these songs...those are from my generation! And quite classic with the burp twist. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we need you to type up lyrics OR to give us an audio recording of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sing various Jesse songs. Mostly made up nonsense songs that include Jesse's name too many times (I started this when I wanted him to learn his own name. He knows it now, but the songs have stuck.) and other random things that pop into my head at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever works :).

    ReplyDelete