2/28/2008

Anti-Aging

Yesterday I got to take my annual sojourn to the eye doctor. Since we moved here, I have actually started enjoying this because I really like our optometrist. This year, however, I was a little worried since he sold the part of his practice that I go to to someone new, choosing to work only in their other office so he could be nearer his wife and kids. (And while I admire this - it's awfully inconvenient to me!) That said, the new guy seems pretty nice, too, so I don't think I'll be rushing out to search for a new eye doctor at this point.

Anyway, I ended up needing new glasses. The other eye doctor has been trying to get me to get new glasses every year since 2006 (I got my current pair in 2005), because my prescription has changed, every so slightly, each year...to a less powerful prescription. This year, I've finally culminated at a .25 or .5 change for the better in each eye, so I went ahead and ordered a new pair.

I thought your eyes were supposed to get worse as you got older?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Wow, I wish I had THAT 'problem'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto....
    Sigh...
    Ditto....

    8+(

    (Those are glasses btw - big - fat - COKE bottle glasses)

    ReplyDelete