9/03/2012

Now I Remember

Why I've been wanting to repaint the kitchen for 3 or 4 years but not bothered. Gosh that was a lot of work (honestly, it takes longer to prep than to actually paint with taking everything down and taping and so forth.) But! It looks very nice and I am well pleased.
 

Please pardon the mess on the island. I haven't gotten everything put back where it goes as yet. Half of that is because I'm contemplating not putting everything back up. We'll see what happens.

The green wall in the den has now been replaced with a lovely brown with ever so slight tinges of pink. It makes me yearn for the southwest when the light hits it just so. I think the batik I previously had over the fireplace will be retired and I will look for something new to hang there. Perhaps a Georgia O'Keefe print? Or something by Ansel Adams? I'm not sure - I'm hoping I'll know it when I see it. But I want something that will speak to the need for some more of the southwest in my life.

I'd say to pardon the mess...but that's pretty much what it looks like on a good day. The doodle's play kitchen is not exactly hideable, but he loves it so.

And now I don't believe I need to paint anything else for a while. Once every 12 years is probably good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment