6/23/2018

The Incredibles 2

This afternoon we trekked off with friends to the theater to see The Incredibles 2. I'll admit that I had a bit of trepidation based on, one, the fact that it'd been SO long since the last one, and a few articles I'd read here and there about it.

It. Was. Delightful.

It picks up right where Incredibles 1 ends. You see the Underminer appear, the Incredibles throw on their suits in the parking lot, and the chase ensues. Of course, there is madness, and mayhem, and a lot of collateral damage which, supers being illegal, lands the Parr family in quite a bit of hot water. And they didn't even catch the guy.

This, of course, is a particularly good setup for the rest of the movie.

I loved seeing Edna again. I loved Jack Jack. And I even loved Mr. Incredible as Mr. Mom (one part I was absolutely dreading, because I was worried it was going to turn into a rah rah feminist screed - it didn't.)

My single quibble is that, if I recall correctly (and it hasn't been years and years since I've seen the first, but rather months as it's a family favorite), they knew Jack Jack had powers at the end of the first movie. But there's a whole running bit about the baby coming into his powers, and "What? Jack Jack has powers?" and so forth and so on. While not a huge distraction, it did make me grumble a bit each time it came up.

All in all, it's an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours and I'm awfully glad we decided to go see it. It gets a hearty two thumbs up from every member of the Sleepy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment