3/27/2020

And then there was mulch

The Lowe's delivery truck came last night and offloaded our pallet of 50 bags of mulch. I always go for the dark brown. I'm not sure about these people who like the Ronald McDonald orange. On what planet is that a natural color for tree bark? And the big chunks? No siree, shredded please.

I had him put it behind my car's garage door, because really, where do I have to go?

Regardless, after a tiny bit of school today (we generally take Fridays off, or at least keep them light - so I just made eldest edit and reprint out his compare and contrast essay and youngest finish the painful and maddening process of him reading me a story. Because of all the fussing earlier in the week, he had six pages left (I try to keep it to 3) and it was torture. But he did it.) we hied out to the lovely, sunshiny day and hefted the bags about to cover the front garden beds.

It looks very nice, if I say so myself.

Which I do. (Someone has to.)

Now my car is free for all those trips out and about I'm not making.

Hubby stopped by our favorite Mexican place on the way home and got carryout. They're not running their full menu right now, which meant neither his nor my favorites were available, but whatever. We have backups. And it was delicious and I didn't have to fix it.

So there's that.

Slow weekend ahead, I think. Maybe lots of writing, which would be good, as I'm woefully behind where I wanted to be on the current book. (Had planned for it to release mid March and, well, I'm just over 2/3 finished writing the thing. So we see how that's going.) But maybe also will paint the powder room. Or at least prime it. I have managed to do all the taping, so there's progress.

2 comments:

  1. Love the mulch.

    I, too, wonder at the bizarre, unnatural colored sort. OTOH, I'm more a nugget man than a shredded guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, nuggets? Really? I'm not sure how to reconcile that with my mental image of you.

    ReplyDelete