4/03/2020

Day Six Hundred and Fifty Two

That's what it feels like, at least. Maybe it's only been a couple of weeks (but how many, really? 3? It's 3, right? I have no idea.)

Today, I spent a few minutes on a teledoc appointment with the pediatrician hammering out a beginning trial of a Ritalin-type medication for youngest. We're at the point where the ADHD is driving the train -- not just for him, but for the whole family -- so it feels like it's time to try something else.

I still hate it.

But fingers crossed it helps. I guess we'll see how it goes. I realize it's not a guarantee right out of the gate, but...well you can't get it figured out until you start. So we start.

I'm exhausted. Haven't been sleeping well. I'm going with anxiety on top of the usual with all this. I wouldn't tell you that I feel consciously anxious. I'm just not able to speak for my subconscious, apparantly.

The mowers finally showed up.

I emailed the lawn care people on ...Monday? I think Monday. Asking if they were still operating or if they'd decided to close in the interim and, if they were operating if they had any idea when they might get to us as I think tigers were considering moving in. That and the weeds.

They replied (which was nice as usually I feel like communicating with them is an exercise in futility) that they'd driven by "last week" and "there was a crew there mulching" so they were unable to mow.

Well, BS to them. I mean, yes, we mulched on Friday. But there was no "crew". Beyond that? There was nary a soul that came down our road whilst we were out. Whatever. It's done now so tra la la.

I have taped off the powder room for painting but that's as far as I've gotten. (In my defense, my first "free time for mom" priority was to finish the book I'd like to release in April. That's done now and off to the editor, so now I have time.) Maybe this weekend? I guess we'll see.

I have to get over the blergh first.

No comments:

Post a Comment