7/28/2020

Changes I would like to keep

I will happily agree with anyone who is anxious to get back to normal. I'm right there with you. 


That said, there are a few changes I would happily keep until the end of days.

  1. Hubby being able to work from home with some regularity. The traffic around here is his #1 frustration. Not having to deal with it is a huge boon for everyone. (Him because he doesn't have to deal with the traffic. Me because I don't have to listen to him gripe about something that's not changeable. And the kids (and me) because we get more time with him. Of course, he hasn't yet managed more than 2 complete weeks working from home because of the nature of his job, but even one or two days at home is a huge win.
  2. Virtual speech therapy. This is amazing. I love the fact that I HAVE to be there while kiddo is online with the speech therapist (which is hilarious because when it was in the office I was absolutely not allowed to go back with him). It means not only do I see what they're working on (and can intercept and redirect when I see that they're missing the issue that needs to be the point of ST to start with) but I can help her understand what he's not getting (there have been some kind of big miscommunications that I was able to help solve). And overall I can actually end the time feeling like it wasn't a huge waste of time. PLUS, our ST office is a solid 35 minute drive each way, for a 30 minute appointment. So spending just 30 minutes on ST instead of 90 is a win all day long.
I think I had one or two others but now I can't remember what they were. Because braining is hard?

Anyway, that's still 2. 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't filled La Wrangler's gas tank since the beginning of March. So at least I've got that going for me.

    ReplyDelete