7/19/2020

Y'all

I think some of my problem with posting here is that I've simply gotten out of the habit of talking about things online. Because generally my feeling on Faceplant is, just say no. The thoughts that rattle through my head aren't going to spawn exciting discussion, and so really why bother over there? (And if they were to spawn discussion, it'd be either an echo chamber or I'd get cancelled and really who needs either?)


So many things right now:
  • Much in-law drama ensues. I am, if nothing else, learning the kind of Mother-in-Law not to be. But I think (really really want to believe) that I would not have been this kind of person anyway. 
  • Semi-related--adopted kids are kids. Full members of the family. I have ZERO use for anyone who feels otherwise and honestly, I'll chose my adopted kids 100% of the time over any "blood relative" who disagrees with that.
  • Seriously. Pound sand.
  • Le sigh.
  • Honestly, I think to myself "Oh good grief, pound sand." To a lot of things these days. It's my version of get off my lawn I guess?
  • Masks - whatever. I wear them when others ask. Do I think they help? Meh. No. But it's really not a big deal to wear one.
  • School is a non-issue here, though I feel for people having to make a decision b/c there's really nothing like having your hand forced. Also, I don't understand what the folks who need two incomes to survive are supposed to do. We've trained people to expect full-time childcare from the state in the form of school. Now we're yanking it away with no backup plan? I mean sure, school isn't childcare, whatever, the State has MADE it childcare. 
  • That's probably enough. I'm grumpy about the state of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment