11/25/2020

Writing a letter

 I got an email from my congressman this morning crowing about how he and others had strong armed the GSA into letting Biden begin his transition and how this was what was good for America and basically a big patting of himself on the back coupled with some demonizing of anyone not a Democrat, but mostly taking another chance to sling poop at Trump and anyone who might possibly be associated with an R.

I don't love Trump. I never have. I don't mind stating that for the record.

But by God he's a damn sight better than Hillary would have been. And Biden? He's going to be hell for the 3-6 months they give him before they 25th amendment him and usher in Harris and her shit show.

So I did the little I could do. I wrote him a letter. 

It's a small enough thing. And it probably makes no actual difference, as I'm sure it's read by a staffer who laughs into his sleeve and then deletes it. But it's all I can do.

And I'm going to keep doing it.

I'm going to keep reminding him of these things:

  • He wasn't elected to write self-congratulatory letters and pal around with his cronies mocking "the other side"
  • No side -- not a single one -- has a mandate right now.
  • As such, he and his cronies are going to need to remember that even though he won the election, he's going to need to remember that though he represents me and people like me, his interests are not ours.
  • And that he, along with everyone in Congress, needs to sit down and figure out how to work together. Because the US is teetering on the edge of an abyss and all he's done so far is work to push it over faster.
I know he doesn't care. But I'm going to reply to every one his emails going forward. Because I don't know what else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment