1/30/2021

Trying for something lighter

 I realize it's been a bit of a downer round these parts of late. Apologies abound. I can't promise it'll change, but I can try to intersperse a bit of levity.

Season 2 of Blown Away released on Netflix. This is worth watching, IMO - it's a glass blowing competition and, as I've always found glass blowing fascinating, I enjoy it quite a lot. Of course, I could do without the artistes who are there to make meaningful art. Just blow glass into something pretty, dang it.

I'm on the episode where the guest judge is the winner from season 1 and...I may skip ahead a bit with Brother Maynard. She drove me crazy in season 1 and I was so bummed that she won with her bizarre feminist manifesto in glass vs. the other competitor whose glass was pretty and easy to understand. I can't grok her at all.

I guess I don't know art. But I feel like I know it when I see it.

Anyway, in Blown Away, they call the episode winner "Best in Blow" and Hubby and I can't help but mutter sotto voce "That's what she said."

Yes, yes, we're juvenile. So be it.

I've also been enjoying Forged in Fire (a metal forging competition) on Netflix.

And I'm still working my way through the old seasons of The Amazing Race while on the elliptical. I'm on season 7, I believe - the first with Rob and Amber of Survivor fame. I never have watched Survivor (although if I run out of TAR I might give it a go.) I kind of like them, although I have vague recollections that they were meant to be considered villains. Whatever, they don't bicker - actually treat each other well - and they play the game. So they're fun to watch.

I do look up spoilers, because that doesn't bother me at all, and they didn't win, so that's a bummer. But I do like the couple who does, so all's well that ends well, I guess.

I also like to look up the couples and see if they're still together. Most are not. By and large, I feel that's a good thing. Rob and Amber are married and have 4 kids and it made me ridiculously happy to see that.

Youngest turns 9 this coming week. Hard to wrap the brains around that number. We went out and got him a geared mountain bike all his own as his main gift. He's a bike fiend. Having gears opens up the whole world as we've enough hills in the neighborhood that it's been limiting to have a kid bike.

And all of that is a tad more cheery, yes? So I'll end on a high point.

No comments:

Post a Comment