2/19/2021

This, That, and T'other

I spent the bulk of last week (Thursday - Wednesday) at a writing retreat with some writer friends. It was lovely, but I don't think I'll do more than the 4-day weekend length in the future. I'm too much of a homebody to be away from the family for a full week. Maybe that's pathetic, but so be it. Now, if everyone were along? I'd be game for a vacay.

I did manage to write an entire book (a short one, anyway) whilst away, so that's a win.

And I missed all the ice and snow (thankfully) so the drive wasn't bad either there or back again.

We got yet more ice and almost snow after I got back. It's now at least trying to melt off the roads. Given that I'm taking dad for his second vax tomorrow, I'd like the roads to be passable not horrid. I'm hoping another 24 hours should do that trick.

I'm on the family edition season of the Amazing Race (season 8 I think?) and...meh. I mean I'm only finished the first episode, so maybe it'll get better. But the little kids are obnoxious, the older kids who backtalk their moms aren't much better, and the sibling teams are basically annoying. I'm going to give it a couple more episodes while I exercise but...I might end up activating Brother Maynard. Because just no.

Got the official word that we're a go for holding the 50th anniversary party for hubs' parents this summer. I'm not sure if I'm pleased or annoyed by that. I mean it's good for them to get a party since they want one, but I'm still unsure when that became my job to plan and pay for. (I mean I guess ultimately I can explain why it's us or it doesn't happen, but that doesn't make it less annoying.)

Sister starts weekly chemo today. 3 weeks on, 1 week off. This is "maintenance" dosing so hopefully better than the other was, but blergh. Cancer sucks.

I feel like I had more to talk about when I titled this post, but now the thoughts have flown.

No comments:

Post a Comment