3/31/2021

A Little Easter Week Random

  • Two weeks ago at Awana, one of the workers was talking up registering for the vaccine and how it meant you might get one sooner and so forth. My general consensus on same was that I was going to wait until it was something I could roll into the CVS and get like a flu shot. But then I figured, meh, why not. 
  • Sunday I got an invitation to make an appointment and got my shot today. So I'm now half cyborg. Or full of nanites. Or 5G. Or whatever it is.
  • Really what I have is a sore arm. It's like I got a shot or something. 
  • Hubby, who I registered at the same time, has not yet been invited to make an appointment. This may well be the first time in my life being overweight has worked in my advantage.
  • It doesn't feel like Easter Week. I'm trying to gear myself up to go to the Maundy Thursday service tomorrow with the kids (and hubs if he can get home from work in time) to see if that would help. But I don't know. That Bilbo Baggins feeling of thinness persists, and I don't know how to fix it.
  • I can attribute much of the meh to my sister's situation. She's talking about stopping treatment and moving to California to die there and...I guess I don't know why you'd move away from the people who love you when you're about to die. But it's her choice, ultimately, not mine.
  • It also doesn't help that Dad is fading. Mom never really did this -- she was so obviously fighting to be present until the very end. But Dad is drifting. Listless. Like he's floating away on the tide and there's no way to reach him. I never really understood the word picture of losing the will to live, but it really seems as though it's all just too much bother.
  • So I find myself wondering which of the two I'll lose first and how quickly thereafter I'll lose the other. And it's odd to consider that I'll have none of my immediate biological family left.
  • On a somewhat happier note, hub's parents should be moved into their new home. At last. And so that saga has come to an end...it's just a matter of time to discover what will be their next drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment