3/26/2021

Did we skip spring?

How is it in the 80s today? I'm not ready for that. A nice run of 65-75, yes. Sign me up. But 80s? No, thank you.

Still, it sunny, so it has that going for it. And I'm tempted to open up the house for the evening and let some pollen in -- I mean let the winter closed in air out. I guess we'll see. Or perhaps tomorrow as that looks to be on tap to be another lovely day.

We spent most of the afternoon at my dad's setting up some bookcases he ordered from Ikea. Those suckers are heavier than I remember them being. 

Or I'm older. It might be that.

Regardless, eldest and I schelpped them down to the basement from the garage where they were delivered and then put them together. It was meant to be eldest putting them together and getting paid for it, but I didn't want to be there forever, so I helped. And he still got paid.

I got some splinters, so at least I didn't end up with nothing.

I kid, I kid. (I mean I did get splinters, but I don't mind that he got paid. He did a lot of the work.)

Anyway, now the hubs does not have to moan about me booking up his Saturday. And Dad can continue on his slow but steady decluttering of the basement. Which I'm all for, because whatever he manages to get done is less that I have to do when he's gone. So everyone wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment