10/26/2021

When in doubt, TV

I'm slowly but surely continuing my way through The Amazing Race and Top Chef. TAR is for my elliptical time and TC is often in the evening while I'm fixing dinner or after if I just need a few minutes to let my brain rest while the boys are all playing video games.

In TAR, I'm on season 21. It's one I remember some of the people from, though I did peek at the Wikipedia article and I didn't remember who the winners were. What I did remember were the perhaps most annoying participants of the race: The Twinnies.

Honestly, there have been many mornings where I've hit that 10s skip button when they're getting time on the show. Shrill. Annoying. Catty. Ugh.

And I didn't remember that the Chippendales made it to the finale. Honestly, watching the show as I go along? I'm super surprised.

In Top Chef land, I'm well past the seasons I watched live - being now on Top Chef Charleston. I'm enjoying seeing veterans from previous seasons pitted against the newbies. But there are also moments where I'm like, is this a cooking show or high school drama?

For now, sister has a new biopsy that they're processing/DNA analyzing. And well, that's where we are.

So brain breaks are a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment