11/01/2021

Ghosts, Goblins, and Ghouls. Oh my!

We had friends over for dinner after Awana last night and then our kiddos and their kiddos glommed together in a group with me and t'other mom to wander the streets and beg for candy.

The kids brought in quite a haul -- all of them had to stop and empty the smaller collection bucket into a grocery store bag at least once.

What we're going to do with all that candy remains to be seen, particularly since we didn't manage to give away all the candy I had purchased for that purpose. I'd say we easily have 3/4 of it left.

And also I gave up sugar (again, I know. It is what it is. One of these days maybe it'll really stick.) three weeks ago so it's just taunting me. 

Anyway, eldest dressed as a Navy seal. Youngest was a Na'vi from Avatar. 

I went as Jake from StateFarm, because I can manage red polo and khakis and even made myself a nametag because I have mad Word skills.

The other mom was like "If I'd known you were dressing up, I would have too!" And honestly, I had just assumed she would be, because she's that kind of mom and I always feel a little stodgy and inadequate around her. Thus the preemptive costume. 

Ah well.

We never did carve the pumpkins. I'd say I was surprised, but I'm really not. Youngest is a bit bummed, but he wasn't bummed enough to give up his Xbox time to DO the carving. So whatever. We'll chunk them down into the woods behind the house and let the wild beings feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment