5/13/2022

Sleepys on the Move

I believe I bemoaned the hubby's distaste for traffic and thus his desire to move far, far away in an attempt to never sit in it again.

When I did that, I probably mentioned that he has a unicorn job and I have serious qualms about him leaving it, because basically everyone there thinks he hung the moon.

Well. 

On a lark, I sent a real estate listing for nearish to here, but more in the country (I think it had 6 acres? Maybe 8.) to him one day. And he was like, ooh.

So I said, well let's go look at it.

So we dropped eldest off at youth group last Wednesday and then drove out to give it the ol drive by peep. And he was so enamored of it that he wanted to see inside.

So I said, fill out the little form on the realtor app listing and let's see if we can do so.

Not ten second after hitting submit, his phone rang with a very eager realtor who would love to show us the house, when would work for us?

So we went and looked on Friday and...it was not amazing inside. The main floor was fabulous. But the upstairs and basement were chopped up in such a way that all the rooms felt small and useless. It had a pool (yay!) but otherwise hit firmly on the meh scale. For the price, meh was not going to cut it.

Well, relator dude was like "What if I sent you listings and we could look around some more?"

And we were like, "Sure. And also Beth found these builders and they have a model we're going to go look at it."

And he said, "Mind if I tag along to see what you like?"

I mean, why not? I don't want listings that don't work. So we did. And he did. And the model was amazing. Like everywhere you looked it was as if the angel choir sang and little bunnies hopped about pooping rainbows.

Of course, after some chatting, when all was said and done, despite the listing implying it'd be in our price range, it was not. SO.

But hey, realtor dude felt like he got an idea of what we'd be interested in and all was good and we went home and I cried a little because I have expensive taste and now hubby was doubling down that we could get everything I wanted if we left the area.

Saturday, we had a rash of listings (on our own personal website portal, fancy!) to browse. I, being picky, was able to eliminate most of them (because I love our house currently and am not moving just for the sake of moving. It has to be worth my while.) But there were three that were going to be open that looked promising enough that it was worth it to throw everyone in the car and go spend a Saturday driving about. And, since we were out, we did the sneaky ol driveby on two others.

Of the five, only one was good. And it wasn't just good, it was fantastic. (It was also more than I wanted to spend, but still within our budget, albeit at the tippy top.) But I wasn't ready to commit. And there were a ton of peeps at the open house. So hubby was like, "Not making a decision is making a decision." And I was like, "I'm not impulse buying a house."

So we talked it to death Saturday night. All day Sunday. Most of Monday via text. Because it was still for sale on Monday (and the way the market is around here that felt somewhat miraculous.) So when hubs was home, I said, "See if realtor dude can meet us there and we could go through it again without it being an open house." 

He could. We did.

We made an offer.

That was about 8pm.

Realtor dude called at 10 to say they'd accepted it.

And just like that, life was thrown into chaos because WE ARE NOT READY TO SELL THIS HOUSE. 

So not ready.

And thus the next little bit of our lives will be frantically trying to remedy that situation. RealtorDude would like to get it listed before Memorial Day.

Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment