9/30/2022

October (or near enough)

Not much to say. Not much going on.

House still not sold? Check.

Panic ensuing? Also check.

Oh, we have a plan. It's just not one I love. (I'd love the house to sell, obviously, so anything that isn't that is never going to be a plan I love. But we aren't in danger of being out on the street or anything like that.)

ADHD and younger boy still being a freaking thorn in my side? Check. Check.

We switched his meds. Again. Are they better? Meh. Maybe? I think maybe they last a little longer? But I can't honestly tell, because it's not as if he's so controlled and (I know this is a bad word, but I don't know what else to use) normal when he's medicated. There are differences, yes, but it's not as if there is ever the kind of behavior I expect from a neurotypical child.

Is that a possibility with medication? I don't have an answer. When I talk to other moms of ADHD kids, they say yes. But maybe for mine the answer is no.

Because of course not.

I love him. We'll figure it out. 

But it's hard.

Like the rest of life, it seems.

Eldest boy is chugging along with 9th grade. He hates it and everything is stupid, but I'm told that's a normal thing for 14 year old boys.

I have remembered why I despise geometry. (I will do algebra day in and out if it meant I never had to do a formal proof in geometry ever again. Talk about crap you don't use in real life.) (And yes, I realize there are probably some professions out there who DO use geometry AND the justifications from formal proofs in real life. I am just not one of them.) (And blah blah thinking skills blah blah.)

And there it is. For what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment