10/10/2022

I guess this is just my life now?

I keep thinking after X thing happens, then surely it'll calm down and go back to "normal." And then, not only does X not happen, but other things that weren't even on my radar crash and burn and it's just like wait, what?

The house hasn't sold. The realtor is stymied. I mean, yay? We've stumped the experts? He's going to do another open house this weekend (he did two this past weekend and no one came. Because of course they didn't.) But we're in the process of moving money out of retirement accounts to pay off the bridge loan and at that point, I think we may just pull it off the market and rent it instead.

We do not want to be landlords.

But, my sister and cousin are talking seriously about moving out this way. (We won't even get into those details. It's...like I'm glad she's still alive, because the doctors didn't think she would be. But what's the thing about the best laid plans?)

So maybe they will rent the house? We'd be happier renting to them than randos. Other than the whole "we don't want to be landlords" thing.

But, as in the Ginsu knife commercials of old, wait! There's more!

Eldest has always struggled with anxiety. We've managed it with breathing and talking up til now, but last week he spent the bulk of the week either fully in a panic attack or teetering on the edge of one. So that was fun. Having already run the gamut of trying to find mental health help for youngest (ADHD meds), I knew it wasn't going to be fun or easy, but I think I finally have some leads that may turn into actual assistance. Because I'm pretty sure the kid needs anxiety meds. Because of course he does.

There is a small part of me (maybe not so small) that wonders if I triggered this with the stress of his more rigorous high school program. But...I mean, this is more like real life, so if I did, I guess it's better to know now? I don't know.

I have a friend who won't get her son evaluated and medicated for his very obvious ADHD because she doesn't want him not to be able to be an Air Force pilot (not sure if he actually wants to be an AF pilot, but that's her plan for him) and I'm just like...get the kid help now so he can have a future maybe? So that's our plan here for our kid at least. Even though I don't love the idea of an anxiety diagnosis, having seen untreated/unrecognized mental illness left to worsen in my immediate family, I definitely don't want to choose that route.

In more lighthearted, but still in the vein of Really? Really?? We bought deck stain from Sherwin Williams a few weeks ago. Just in time for it to rain and rain and rain. Now that this past weekend was dry, we took the opportunity to get out and apply it and...we had not gotten enough. So hubs went back to SW yesterday to get more, and they closed five minutes before he arrived. So he went back AGAIN today, and they were out of the base they needed to make more. Also I had planned to get paint from there to do his office, so I have been there twice to get it and they've been out of the base for IT both times. They were still out of said base. So hubs went to yet another SW store (because he loves spending his holiday driving around town I guess) and this time, at least, they were able to actually get what he needed. So...yay?

No comments:

Post a Comment