9/03/2022

Weekend Random

I'm too tired (read: lazy) to smush this into a more story-like format. So instead, enjoy (ha!) a random brain dump:

  • Eldest and hubby are off to a shotgun class today and then the practical portion on Monday. I believe there's a Trail Life badge associated with it in addition to the fun.
  • The other house has still not sold. I...am just at a loss.
  • The boys share a jack and jill style bathroom and what I thought would be fun and cool has become a nightmare approaching epic proportions as they take great delight in locking each other out and then "forgetting" to unlock. There's really very little room why either door would need locking, as the toilet and shower are in a room with it's OWN door (with a lock), so privacy can be achieved without locking the doors to the sink area. I'm very, very, very tempted to change the doorknobs to the sink area and make them unlockable.
  • We availed ourselves of the Labor Day sales to get a new TV for hubby to use for his gaming (since we left the projector and screen at the old house, thinking a built-in theater would be a selling feature. Ha. Ha I say.) It's massive. But he's happy. So yay?
  • Next up in the "we had our old house perfect but now we have to fix up a new one" lineup is a new dishwasher. Because they one they left technically works, but not if you're picky about dishes actually getting clean when you run the thing. Also the dry cycle doesn't work. Also it's loud (I'm tempted to use the kid vernacular of AF after that, because really, you can't have a normal conversation in the kitchen or breakfast room when the thing is running.)
  • After that? Probably a fridge. Because again, it technically works, but the drawers and shelves are ALL cracked, so it's a matter of time. (Like for real, it never would have occurred to me to look at that stuff. Now I know. But when am I buying another house? Oh that's right, never. I will die in this house if I have anything to say about it.)
  • I'm tempted to see about finding the cheapest possible appliances that are stainless and swapping out the ones in the old house for those. Because apparently top of the line, relatively new white appliances suck and people would rather have crap ones that are stainless. But I also really don't want to spend any more money on the dang place. Le. Sigh.
  • That's probably it.

No comments:

Post a Comment