11/23/2022

Random Wednesday

A few random thoughts as we stare down the long Thanksgiving weekend:

  • The Sleepy Pup was given two tiny pieces of steak fat last night at dinner and now is suffering a tinge of pancreatitis. So yeah. No fat for him ever. We had thought (hoped?) that a tiny bit wouldn't be too much. Not so, it seems.
  • Hubby unearthed big stump rounds and has set them up for youngest to shoot arrows at. Youngest is now dressed in the old Assassin's Creed halloween costume outside firing arrows for hours on end. It's a delight.
  • Eldest is asking what chores I would like him to do. I suspect he wants something big and amazing and is buttering me up. I will at least have clean floors prior to dashing his hopes and dreams.
  • Just kidding. I know I'll probably say yes. I'm a sucker.
  • My sister and cousin arrive tonight. They are moving back to the area. They have yet to find out when their belongings will arrive from California. The long-term plan is to live with Dad, but since - in preparation for them having their own things - Dad cleared out the guest rooms, they'll be staying with us until that happens.
  • I am looking forward to hubby having Friday off. Hopefully he'll actually manage not to work on his day off. The "benefit" of being set up to work at home is that sometimes he works even when he doesn't need to be. I'm sure his job appreciates it. I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment