4/30/2023

Sunday Sundries

A little bulleted list of random for your Sunday morning perusal:

  • I've been slowly reading the Gray Man books (by Mark Greaney) and enjoying them greatly. They made a Netflix movie of the first one and it was enjoyable. Then I realized there were books and that made me much happier. The movie has...minimal relationship to the first book, but such is as it is. That said, if you like spy-type-thrillers, these are enjoyable.
  • Hubs and Eldest were camping this weekend in the downpour. I laugh. And laugh. Youngest and I have enjoyed being safe and dry at home.
  • My sister's cancer has decided it is not, in fact, in remission and is, in fact, going to progress so much that she has been removed from the clinical trial. What options exist (and of those what, if any, she'll do) will be looked at this week. I am...numb?
  • We started youngest on an SSRI in addition to his ADHD meds and the difference it has made! No more 3 hour meltdowns! He can actually pull himself back and avert the meltdown somewhat on his own (he still needs some help/guidance, but I believe in time he will master it on his own.) I was skeptical about adding it, but oh my word. I am grateful for the common grace of pharmaceuticals.
  • Today is the last regular Awana meeting. Next week is the award ceremony. And then...well, after that I believe I am stepping down. It is bittersweet, but feels necessary.
I believe that wraps it up. We aren't making church today (reference half the fam camping), but I think we're still trying for lunch with my dad, so I ought to go and get ready so it's not a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment