4/18/2023

On Mowing

Youngest is, as we speak, out in the front performing the first mow of the year. He's been begging for a few days to go out and do so. And really, who am I to say no? It maybe doesn't really neeeed it yet, but it's not as if it hurts anything. It's good exercise. And I am all about him getting out there and pushing the thing around.

Plus, shorter grass means slightly fewer bugs, or so runs the theory.

I was a little surprised eldest didn't try to arm wrestle him for the job. I had my speech about how there's quite a bit of land that will need the mowing treatment applied (for all that most of what we have is forest) and there's no need to argue and bicker about who killed who...wait. That's not where I meant to take that. The point's still roughly the same.

As it turns out though, eldest got a text from a friend asking if he could play xbox and I was like sure. Go do that. Your brother can go earn money. Everyone's happy.

Eldest looked as though he was about to argue, but I think the glint in my eye made him rethink.

No comments:

Post a Comment