12/14/2023

When all else fails, bake.

The sourdough around here continues to be a little spot of joy for me each week. Generally, I make the same recipe that produces two of the "artisan boules." You know the ubiquitous sourdough with the crusty ear from the slit across the top?


But I've branched out a little with rolls for Thanksgiving (and once prior to that when we needed to bring something to a pot luck and it was baking day.) Those are a hit here as well.

Last night, I went with sandwich bread. 

I really like this recipe as it's considerably less effort than the artisan one. Toss it together, use the mixer to knead it (one time! None of this every 30 minutes for 3 hours coddling!) Proof over night. Roll it into a log, pop them in bread pans, let them rise again. Bake.

Right now the house is full of the siren scent of hot, fresh bread as three golden loaves cool on the counter.

I'll accept over/under on how long they stick around. The boules are usually gone within 3 days, for your estimation purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment