1/14/2024

Where were we, oh that's right.*

Well, I was wrong, it seems and they will, in fact, kick someone out of a phase 1 clinical trial. Sister is officially removed owing to "too much progression." I don't believe she has the PET results yet, but at the meeting with her oncologist, he broke that news. He also said he doesn't think she'll die this year.

Of course, he thought the chemo she did whenever this all started had a good chance of "cure." So really, medicine is all guessing and positivity.

We'll see what happens. All I know right now, is that she has not kept much of anything down for the past four days? Maybe five. Her theory is that it's abdominal pain related (as she is in distinct and overwhelming pain in her abdomen.) 

Yay.

In happier (?) news, the boys all went camping this weekend. They were to have gone Friday through today, but owing to potential flooding at the campsite Friday night, they went ahead and waited until Saturday (yesterday) to head out. There was to be a 10 mile hike and then the overnight.

All I know is that it was dang cold last night and I'm glad I wasn't shivering in a tent. I don't understand the allure of camping on the best of days, and this was decidedly not the best of days.

When they get home, I'm sure they'll all say it was great, but yeah. I'm grateful that I do not have to go along on these things.

I spent my day of silence in the house knocking out quite a few words on the book that I am woefully behind on. (Which since I indie pub, it's not as if there's a true deadline, but I had my own deadlines and have missed them and it's aggravating. So there's that.)

And now, speaking of camping, I guess I'll take myself off to church as said boys just texted they are only now leaving the site. I had thought they'd be back so we could go together. Alas, no.

*spot the quote

No comments:

Post a Comment