7/07/2024

Hasta la vista, baby.

Eldest is off on his trip to Mexico with 7 others from the youth group (and three adults). I've received two texts - one letting me know he landed and another asking for me to approve an app install for Google translate. 

Heh.

I'm going to interpret that in teenager as doing well and having fun.

I'm a little jelly that he's traveling internationally, even though Mexico isn't high on my list of where I want to go (because I have been many times in my childhood). Still, I don't think I ever visited the area where he is and I do love seeing new things. And honestly, right now, I just want to go somewhere.

Dad and I are planning a road trip to inter my sister's ashes in September. It's meant to be just him and me, but now that we're including places I'd like to stop and see and place he'd like to stop and see, youngest's ears have perked up and he wants to come.

And eldest has shown some interest as well.

Hubby says, "Well if everyone else is going..."

So maybe our two-week road trip will turn into a family jaunt (although then we have to board the dogs, but that's a small thing in the scheme.) Part of me says, "Cool! Bring it." And part of me is a little sad to lose the time just with Dad. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment