1/15/2021

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang.

Is it wrong that I know the line by T.S. Eliot not from his poem, originally, but from an EMF song? Probably. But I did look up the line after hearing in the lyrics and thus enjoyed the poem.

Regardless, I feel like this is where we are. I've been singing The End of the World As We Know It for a while as well. Smirking to myself at the descant in the chorus, "It's time I had some time alone."

Well, we've certainly gotten that as well, haven't we?

Anyway. If it wasn't enough that the US seems to have collectively lost their minds (and really, if you want a well written piece summing it up, find Mike Rowe on Facebook and then find his post with him looking at a photo of himself sipping whiskey. Then read that.), there's all the usual family drama as well.

Sister had a TIA, which basically a small stroke. Did I already say that here? I can't even remember, nor can I be bothered to go look it up. Regardless, it's a known side effect of one of her chemo drugs, so they left that off her final chemo on New Year's Eve. And you'd like to think that was the end of it. But you'd of course be wrong.

Whilst she was in the hospital following said stroke, they noticed her magnesium had tanked. So 4 IV bags later they had it back up. Well, this week, her bloodwork came back even lower than that, so after her PET Scan, she was admitted and it took 6 IV bags this time to get her to a reasonable level. How long it lasts is anyone's game. This last time, she was feeling the effects in her heart (racing and irregular) so that's relatively no bueno.

She's home now and seems to be stable. We'll know more about what the chemo did or didn't do and what the plan going forward might be at the end of the month.

In addition to that, there was drama with the hubby's father -- an uncle called concerned that early warning signs for dimentia were on display. After some conversations here there and everywhere, we've for now decided that no, that's not the problem - father-in-law is just being an a-hole to his brother's wife, who also seems to be giving as well as she gets, and so the two of them need to both just grow up and act their ages. 

Good luck with that, I realize. It doesn't seem to be something we do here.

The 13th birthday came and went with paintball and much fun for all involved. The attitude seems to have arrived as well and he is relatively shocked when I keep quashing it. But I'm just like dude. No. So hopefully we'll wring that out of him sooner than later. 

Besides that, I spend a lot of time opening my mouth, shaking my head, closing my mouth, shaking my head, and then walking away. Because really. Just...WTF.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers continue. I have several friends on my list that I only know by their nom-de-blog. It sounds a bit weird, but I'm sure He understands.

    As to....things. At this point, I'm hoping ill-advised overreach will create a massive backlash.

    ReplyDelete