5/28/2021

Rocks and Hard Places

Feels like that's where I live most days.

The latest conundrum is Memorial Day -- wherein our family has been in the habit of having some grilled food together (despite the fact that the gatekeepers feel this is a horrible way to spend the weekend and yadda yadda). 

Sister called last night wondering if there were plans. I told her I was beyond overwhelmed these days and just not up for it, but if she could con Dad into doing all the work, we'd show up. And Hubby, sitting beside me, stiffened.

He gets pissy these days if I plan anything on "his weekends." And...I can't deal with that, either. Because I'm sorry he's stressed at work, really and truly am sorry for that, but life doesn't stop and we have two kids and this is almost for sure the last everything with my sister and possibly my Dad, so...suck it up?

Or I'll go and take the kids and deal with whatever fallout occurs from that.

Eldest is on a "want to earn money so I can spend it" kick. And I guess I'm glad that he realizes he needs to fund his hobbies somewhat, but I also don't love being put in the position of having to now create ways for him to earn money. I'll be glad when he's old enough that I can say, "Great, go get a job." For now, there are chores, but he disagrees vehemently with my valuation of said tasks. I don't know what planet he lives on, but welcome to minimum wage.

Youngest has had an ADHD med switch and I think we've found a great dose (knock everything wood within miles) buuuuttttt he's also developed a rash. Coincidence? Probably not. I'm giving it a few days before I get in touch with the doctor because I'm praying desperately that it's not an allergy to the medication that finally seems to work like we were hoping.

But you and I know that's absolutely what it is. Because this is my life.

So yeah. Back to that sort of blogging and days between where I don't blog because honestly, I'm sick of me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment