6/07/2023

And then she ran screaming

I think we got the social skills group/ABA thing handled. Maybe. Not that we have insurance covering it, but the out of pocket rate will be less than originally quoted, so it's doable. So we'll just truck along.


Of course, now the psychiatrist who handles both boys' meds wants youngest to also possibly do CBT with a regular therapist. And she gave me a recommendation. Who's in Fairfax. And whose website scares me a little because it's just full of gender stuff. And...I don't know. I guess I need to see if I can find someone closer (because honestly, driving all over creation grows old. Especially when it takes longer to drive there and back than the actual appointments.) who maybe doesn't look like they're going to say, "Yes! We can help with the behaviors and also, this is your daughter not your son."

Everyone is done with school. I've submitted our proof to the county. I really thought things might just ease up when that happened. But ha. HA. 

HAHAHAHAA.

It did not.

Hubby's mom is (finally) getting moved into memory care today. By hospice. Because hospice doesn't think she has more than six months because she's basically malnourished. I suspect her intestines have stopped absorbing completely (it's been an issue they've been dealing with for years, and it seems to have just crashed of late.)

My sister's cancer is living la vida loca in her body. She's potentially going to do a new clinical trial, but also maybe not because it's phase one (which is basically "Hey, the monkeys stopped dying, let's try people now!" level.) I don't blame her for not being excited. I won't blame her if she doesn't do it. It has zero guarantees and is, essentially, a way for people who are dying anyway to potentially help future people maybe not die, but also a tiny percentile might benefit now. Seems unlikely that she would fall into that tiny percentile. That's just not how anything in my family works.

My dad is old. And tired of living without mom. And ready to be done with it all.

We'd been doing Hungryroot for a while. I loved the fact that someone else thought up recipes and then shipped me all the ingredients and recipes and so I didn't have to fight with children about what to make, what to shop for, and whether or not they would eat it. It made saying, "This is what it is" so much easier. And it was tasty and so many more veggies than I would normally manage to squeeze into people. Except hubby is like "It's really expensive." And...yeah okay. It is. But we could afford it. Except he doesn't want us to afford it. Because he'd rather put the money somewhere else. And like okay, fine, but it makes my life so much harder. And it was the one thing I'd done to actually IMPROVE something and fix one of my pain points and now it's gone, too. And just...blergh.

I sometimes find myself wondering just how much more a person can take and what, exactly happens, when that line is crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment