6/21/2023

The Longest Day

Happy Summer Solstice! (Or winter, I suppose, should you be living on the other side of the equator.)

The longest day finds itself awash with dark clouds and persistent rain. I'm not complaining. It's also cooled things down.

I had a six-month checkup for the freckle on my retina today. It's fine and should not be cause for worry, though we'll keep looking at it annually.

Whee.

Part of that checkup was having my eyes dilated. So I was doubly grateful for the rain on my way home from said appointment. I'm sure I looked ridiculous to others driving about with sunglasses on in the pouring rain, but whatever. My eyes didn't hurt.

Eldest is away for his week-long mission trip. They're doing construction of some sort - roofing, perhaps. I get a text each morning to say he's alive and I'm leaving it at that and reminding myself that my parents could get a postcard when I went to camp, but usually I made it home before the mail managed delivery. So they'll call if there's an issue and I'll leave it at that.

Youngest isn't quite sure what to do with himself as an only, but he doesn't hate it.

All in all, today hasn't been a bad day to usher summer officially in.

No comments:

Post a Comment