7/01/2023

And then it was July

Not a lot to say but figured I'd drop by and state for the record that I was, in fact, still kicking.

Not sure how we ended up in July already, but here we are.

Eldest will test for his learner's permit this coming week (how? How, I ask you!) I will admit to being more excited about it than he seems to be. Then again, stoic should have been his middle name. He is...an enigma most days.

Still, I didn't so much ask if he wanted to as say, "You're doing this." I don't get the gen Z tendency away from learning to drive. I couldn't wait.

Regardless, I think he'll be glad for the freedom when he has it.

As yet, we haven't decided what to do about a car that's "his." The original plan was for hubby's car to go to the boy and then hubby to get a new one. But Covid and supply chain and car prices/availability and now we're reconsidering. My dad has two cars (and there's but one of him) so we may see about buying one of his from him for hubby to use (the one I think makes the most sense for hubby is rather supercharged and thus not something that makes sense for a teen.) When I broached the idea with Dad recently he was not opposed, but also not super in favor of.

We have time, as he won't be able to drive on his own for 9 or 10 months. But that seems to be a timeframe that zips by when I blink these days, so I'm pondering now.

No comments:

Post a Comment