5/23/2024

The End is Nigh!

Eldest's classes are all over tomorrow. 

In true teenager form, he is resistant to working ahead so he doesn't have 8 final exams all on one day, but I guess that's for him to live and learn? I'll push at him a little more today, because I don't want my tomorrow to be miserable just because his is.

Youngest got sick on the campout (shock! Surprise! Who knew being soaked through for 36 hours in 50ish degree temps could do that?) so has had a bit of a bye week for school this week. He won't get true "summer off" as reading and handwriting need to happen year-round for him. Probably math too? Maybe a few times a week. Point being, if he's not using it, he loses it, so I'd as soon not deal with that come August.

Technically, completion of the current course load for eldest finishes his high school diploma. All his next two years will be gaining him an AA. I'm excited and semi-terrified, since it's so grown up. But grown up and capable and out doing what God has for him is the goal.

And yet, loosening the strings is hard at times. (And then there are other times when I want to get scissors and a match. I imagine it's just how things go.)

Regardless, it seems fitting that the summer temperatures are starting to sneak in at the same time as school winds down. Because it seems to be tied together in my brain and probably always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment