6/15/2024

A little oasis of quiet and calm

Today, the three boys are off helping a fellow Trail Man (what they call the boys in Trail Life) with his Freedom Award project (equivalent to an Eagle Project.) Hubs texted a bit ago saying he was on his third trip to Lowes for the day. Ah, planning ahead.


It's been nice to have them out of the house and knowing they're in the sunshine working muscles. They were all grumpy at six thirty when it was time to rise and shine so they could get there on time, but such is life. I enjoyed my coffee in silence after they left while the Sleepy Pup ran around the yard sniffing all the morning sniffs.

Then, after a bit, I toddled to my office and actually was able to write some words on my newest undertaking. It's good because it's been...a while. I'm not yet at a point where I'm willing to get a pre-order setup, but maybe my writing career hasn't reached the end of its road as I previously worried. 

I guess we'll see.

After lunch, Sleepy Pup and I wandered up to the mailbox and I was initially delighted to see a veritable treasure trove of mail. Back inside as I sorted out the trash, I realized that the majority of the pile was addressed to two different addresses. Neither of which are ours. 

So I sorted them back out (including two end of year report cards from the public schools. Ha.) and then the pup and I went back out and walked them to the appropriate mailboxes. I thought it might be a longer stroll and had geared up appropriately, but it turns out that both boxes are actually on the fringe of our road-facing property. 

Regardless, their mail has now been delivered appropriately and pup and I are home, after a nice little jaunt in the sunshine.

I'm contemplating more words, but it feels a little like a chore, so I think I may give myself a break and just do more later if the whim arises. Perhaps instead, I'll go sit on the covered portion of the deck and read or crochet.

This quiet, relaxing day is just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment